Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Weekly Round-up


This was a low-key week for us since Little Man has been under the weather. To add insult to injury, he was also due for some vaccinations. He did not appreciate that one bit. Above is a picture of him sipping on chocolate milk minutes after he got four shots. Poor little guy.


We really like this little bakery/cafe in the city center called Veneza. They make a mean cafe latte.


He was really clingy and snuggly for the rest of the day and even fell asleep in my arms, which almost never happens. I hate when he has to get shots, but the snuggle factor is a bit of a perk in the aftermath.


This has been my go-to breakfast lately as I'm loosely following a "whole foods only" way of eating. It's a poached egg over sweet potato hash (with onions and green peppers), avocado, and coffee. It's really wholesome, tasty, and keeps me feeling full with enough energy to get through my mornings.


I'm pretty obsessed with this new purse I just bought. We have a trip coming up, and I needed a larger purse than my usual one, but not a huge purse, you know? This one is simple brown faux leather, no extra interior pockets, but holds a couple diapers, wipes, and my other essentials nicely. I love over the shoulder bags because there's no worries about it slipping off your shoulder, or someone grabbing it off you easily. It was only R$10.00 downtown. Not too shabby.


We stopped to visit some nearby cousins today and saw their home for the first time since arriving here. They've got two balconies on the front of their apartment with this great view of the city and the hills beyond.

So that's a taste of what we have been up to this week. Hope you enjoyed!

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing about your week whether it's chock full of craziness or merely the normal day to day happenings. Holding your child and having him/her fall asleep in your arms (whatever the reason) is one of the sweetest moments in life. Cherish the time 'cause we know with Little Man those opportunities are getting less and less frequent as he grows into a "bigger" Little Man :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigosh, he is so adorable in those pictures! I hope he is feeling better soon. Chiara loves his hair especially. :)

    ReplyDelete