Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Another Day at the Farm!!


We just got back from a quick visit to the Farm for pre-Easter festivities. We've had some rainy weather recently, and the temperatures have been downright chilly compared to what we're used to. Just had to put Little Man in a Puma tracksuit I bought as soon as I found out we were having a boy. It's really awesome that he's getting big enough to really experience things. I loved watching him interact with the animals and get down in the sand to play. He helped his grandpa feed the chickens and laughed as they swarmed around him to get the kernels of corn.

Doesn't he look insanely cute!?!
The rain has made all the grass and trees vibrantly green. The dirt looks especially red in comparison. Just beautiful.


The three of us walked around the property quite a bit. Gathered fresh tomatoes and green beans for dinner. Grabbed some oranges, limes, and collard greens to bring home with us.


Hubby and his sister helped to reorganize their mother's garden. It's really awesome that so many fruits and veggies can be grown year round. It is my dream to one day have a garden like this so that I can step out my back door and grab all the ingredients I need for a delicious and nutritious meal.


My mother-in-law had a batch of newly hatched chicks in a box in the kitchen. I held some of the little darlings. Tried to let Little Man experience this as well, but he's too much of a brute and couldn't manage a gentle touch.

Tomorrow is Easter. My childhood Easters consisted of baskets filled with little candies and colored plastic grass, hard boiled eggs hidden on the lawn and around the house, egg fights, and ham dinners. This year we'll be at Hubby's uncle's pool club enjoying some fun in the sun. When Little Man is older next year I want to start incorporating some Easter traditions. For now, I'm sort of hoping no one brings him any Easter candy because I'll likely end up being the person who eats it all.

Happy Easter everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Easter to you too! What a great time at the farm :-) Little Man looks so grown up, and he's obviously already a pro at feeding chickens.

    ReplyDelete