Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Aventuras [Adventures]: Fazenda Clube Marilândia

This past weekend Hubby asked if I wanted to go to his uncle's "club."  I recently adopted a new credo: to say yes more often than I say no.  So we waited for the clouds to clear on Sunday morning, packed up Little Man and all his gear, and headed out to Fazenda Clube Marilândia.  We had never been, so Hubby's cousin rode along with us and served as our GPS.

Hubby and Little Man [who looks relatively unimpressed].

The clube is kind of the equivalent of of a country club in the States.  You have to be a member or know a member to get in.  Members pay a monthly fee and enjoy access to barbecue areas, a soccer field, snack shack, saunas, and a big old pool complete with a water slide.

Barbecue cabanas and trampoline [pula-pula]
Looking across the pool deck

It was a great way to spend the afternoon, laughing with friends and eating delicious grilled steak and pineapple.  Hubby faced off against his cousin in a game of ping-pong and, in my opinion, scored major points for playing while holding an infant.

A little friendly competition

Little Man enjoyed his first time splashing around in the pool with us--he absolutely loved it.  It made me wish we had a bathtub at home that he could splash around in every night.

Splish splash!

Because the day had started out overcast and there were still some threatening clouds in the sky, there were very few people there and it was basically our private club.  There were quite a few people there in our group, so I did more observing and listening than talking.  Following along and chiming in are still very difficult the larger the group is.  Hubby's little cousin takes English in school and she and her friends kept yelling "HELLO!" at me from across the pool.  

All in all, we had a great time.  Little Man had so much fun that he completely zonked out in the car on the way home.  It was nice to get some sunshine, eat good food, and have some social interaction.  I would definitely go back and get my chance to take a zip down the water slide.

Zzzzzzzzzzz



2 comments:

  1. What a most excellent day! I am constantly bowled over by your spirit and determination GringaMommy :-) Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLO! Okay - somehow I missed this...I'll check to see if I missed any others...then I'll get back to work....

    ReplyDelete